· Understand the goals and intent of the specifier of the test requirements
· Ensure that the detailed test requirements provided to the laboratory, meet these goals and intent
· Verify that the test specification does not call for excessive or unneeded test measures
· Determine that the required tests are within the capability of the laboratory. If uncertain feel free to inquire with the laboratory.
· Are any special or unique equipment, instrumentation, fixtures, etc. required? If so, ensure that the laboratory is made aware of this fact